The Treasurer shall:
- Prepare an Annual Budget for all GLT operations to be approved by the BoD, before the theatrical season commences.
- Cause all monies, securities and other valuable effects of GLT to be deposited in a chartered bank, and ensure that all payments due to suppliers, contractors or Members who must be reimbursed for expenditures, are made in a timely manner.
- Apply for performing rights and videotaping rights; and purchase play scripts as instructed by the Vice President or individual producers.
- Prepare financial statements for presentation and distribute at each BoD and Members’ Meeting.
- Keep accurate records of all receipts and expenditures in a manner that complies with acceptable accounting practices. Receive and reconcile all bank statements. Maintain these records and the resulting audit reports and Annual Financial Statements as secure archives, according to corporate law requirements. (see END NOTE # 6)
- Provide full records to the appointed accounting firm responsible for the annual audit or review of records and preparation of the Financial Statements The audit or review shall be completed prior to September Members’ Meeting.
- Present the financial statements to the Members Meeting.
- Renew memberships in outside organizations.
- Ensure that all relevant insurance policies are maintained.
- Prepare and submit the Charities Annual Return to Revenue Canada and handle any correspondence concerning compliance with the Not-for-Profit Corporation Act and Revenue Canada regulations.
- Prepare and submit the documentation for the reimbursement of that portion of the Harmonized Sales Tax to which GLT is entitled.
- Advise the BoD and Members on suitable investments for excess funds, so as to maximize returns and ensure adequate funding for emergency expenditure.